Open Orthodoxy Update, Parshas Tazria-Metzora
- Rabbi J. David Bleich (Rosh Yeshiva at Yeshiva University) denounces Open Orthodoxy and calls it “Conservative”.
- Dr. Shmuly Yanklowitz (YCT graduate) advocates changing the Passover Haggadah. In another article, Yanklowitz compares those who oppose Women of the Wall’s radical agenda to Neo-Nazis. In the article, he also says he does not pray for the ingathering of all exiles. He also attended the Phoenix Gay Pride Parade.
- R. Mike Moskowitz, Senior Educator at Uri L’Tzedek, prays in church with a large crucifix in the background. In another article, he criticizes a rabbi for not allowing girl (who identifies as male) to sit on men’s side of mechitzah.
- Member of the Beltway Vaad claims vessels do not need to be kashered for Pesach.
- Member of Yeshivat Chovevei Torah’s Advisory Board and Torat Chayim publicize anti-Semitic comments that call Orthodox Jewish dress “garbage” and “funeral dress” without the slightest hint of condemnation.
- Open Orthodox Rabbi and Maharat begin giving hashgacha.
- Torat Chayim shares a defense of R. Dov Linzer, Rosh Yeshiva of Yeshivat Chovevei Torah, that commandments can be erased from the Torah.