The Road to Gan Eden Gets Bluetooth!

1. Michoel Cohen says:

Sorry to be bee in your bonnet but the only problem is you look posul for aidus unless your smartphone has a big visible TAG sign on it. One can otherwise easily switch from kodesh to chol (and worse…..) in seconds

2. joel rich says:

Some may find the weekly summaries, posted on Rabbi Gil Student’s Torah Musings Blog (https://www.torahmusings.com/) under the audio roundup section( e.g. https://www.torahmusings.com/2019/02/audio-roundup-20197/), helpful in choosing shiurim
    KT
    Joel Rich

3. Shades of Gray says:

I’ve sampled some shiurim that are linked on the weekly Torah Musing summaries. Like learning in general, there are a range of topics, from heavy-duty lomdus, to lighter topics such as the relationship between art and Torah.

YU’s Center for The Jewish Future is celebrating the release of this app in March with various shiurim. The app and the previous version allows YU to expand its reach to the community at large. Rav Soloveitchik’s public shiurim attracted people beyond YU as well.

4. Yehuda says:

I recommend the Kol Halashon app as well.

5. yiddle says:

…and the titles of shiurim should be in hebrew letters.

6. DF says:

I like R. Pruzansky’s lectures on the site. As R. Wein ages with dignity (he should live to 120), I see R. Pruznasky as beginning to assume the role largely created by the former. Or maybe I just gravitate to ex-lawyer Rabbis who write books, disseminate their Torah through various audio formats, then make Aliyah.

( Lawyer requirement can also be met by non-lawyers who host popular 9th circuit Judges at their table.)

7. Raymond says:

Call me a Neanderthal, but I have and probably always will vastly prefer to read good, old-fashioned books over any latest technical innovation.

8. Shira Leibowitz Schmidt says:

Wonderful suggestions by Rav Adlerstein . Only one quibble. He wrote, “You can easily access any of the many thousands of items while you are walking, or at a red light.” In Israel there is a stiff fine for using your phone when stopped at a red light.