Why I Don’t Write More Often

1. Dovid Teitelbaum says:

I heard the Yated is looking… they might qualify for satire as well.

2. Raymond says:

There is an old saying that not every thought needs to be expressed, not everything that a person says needs to be written down, and not everything that is written down is worth reading. Everything that I have ever seen Rabbi Adlerstein write down, has definitely been worth reading.

3. lacosta says:

1— my favorite nechama lebowitz’s usually involve when rashi either didnt comment or says i dont know … so the RYA meforshim will have to try to be medayek….

2—– it is definitely NOT a case of Lincoln’s ”better be silent and….”

4. Really says:

I am not sure why you would be expected to write on every topic. It certainly would not lend any credence to any of your pieces if you wrote on every topic and every day. B’mechilas Kvodcha, I don’t think that you are an expert on every topic or even informed or invested enough to write a piece on every topic. It is your strength that you limit what and when you write.

Look at the blogs where the blogger feels that they have to write an article each and every day and about all topics. All they inform us of is how misinformed they consistently are and about how many topics they are really clueless about.

Kol Hakavod for not getting dragged into that morass.

5. DF says:

If other writers on this website engaged their readers with comments, and if other writers were a little less strident and combative, their columns would actually be read, and thus people would have less need to badger you.

If writing required semi-insight, the Web overall would become a shadow of its current self. I’m happy with the occasional gem.

7. Reb Yid says:

Colbert would eat you for breakfast, lunch and seudah shlishit. Be careful for what you wish.