Cross-Currents Live!

1. SA says:

Rabbi Adlerstein, there’s a lot about this that makes me think that maybe it would have been better kept to yourself. Or maybe I’m just jealous that nobody ever invites “resident accountants” for Pesach… ☺

[YA – I guess we could say that accountants get salaries and few perqs. Rabbis get small salaries but occassional perqs]

2. Yehoshua Friedman says:

I haven’t left E”Y in years. If you are ever coming, I would love to see you or hear a shiur or lecture by you. Pesach I spend with some cross-section of my B”H family. I thank the KB”H for having brought me from a kid with a suitcase 43 years ago to a family with our 7th out of 8 kids about to be married and lots of grandchildren. I won’t be going to pricy lodgings for Pesach. I will be baking matzo with friends in the yishuv and maybe also with other friends in Yerushalayim.

3. Mr. Cohen says:

You won’t be able to say: “Comments are closed,” like this web site often does.

[YA – 1) I (almost) never say that 2) True, but the moderator can always decide to move on to the next person]

4. Reb Yid says:

Hmmm…YA, Daniel Lapin and Dennis Prager?

Hope they have a Tea Room big enough for all the Tea Party folks.

😉

[YA – No problem. I am going to be the token liberal]

5. Lee epst says:

We’ll just pull our sin out of yeshiva day school so we can afford to join you. Or maybe we should ask for a scholarship??

[YA – I do hope you pull your sin out of wherever you have it stored 🙂 You must have very low tuition there in Teaneck if pulling a child out of school will only recoup for you the cost of one upscale resort for Pesach. Do that in some other schools, and you can buy a new family van.]

6. Ralph Kostant says:

The Adlersteins may not have gone away for Pesach for years, but as I recall one of the times you did go away resulted in a wonderful shidduch for your son.

[YA – BH. We won’t mind a repeat of that for a younger sibling this year!]