Annual Rosh Hashanah Shiur

1. David F says:

I would very much welcome a shiur on the structure of davening. That will have a far more lasting effect than any shiur on Yomim Noraim possibly could. Please post the audio [and video if available]. KVT!

2. mb says:

What if I’m a man but I feel like I’m a woman. Can I come?

• Depends on what the real women will have to say about it!

• mb says:

You’re so Orthodox!
        And contrary to popular belief as to the genesis of the term in Judaism, it was not a barb thrown at Orthodoxy by Reform, it predates Reform.It was first published in 1807 as being a retort by one of the Assembly of Notables (in favour) to another (against)that were debating Napoleon’s proposal to establish The Grand Sanhedrin in Europe.

3. Cvmay says:

Wow, Rabbi & Rena Adlerstein, I am so envious & happy for your upcoming move to Eretz Yisroel. What a tremendous zechut!

4. Alex says:

There is no greater, moving mussar for Yamim Noraim than your words of near-fulfillment of aliyah, and a personal reflection as to what one lacks living in Chutz L’Aretz.

I pray that your thoughtful, tolerant, common sense Torah outlook will make a strong impact there.

• Yaakov says:

Disagree. While living in Eretz Yisrael is obviously important and a Mitzva, that is not the most “moving mussar” for Yomim Noraim. Whether you’re in Chutz L’Aretz or EY, we strive to reconnect with Hashem – each on their own level,, through teshuva, tzedaka and tefilla. For the hundreds of thousands of Bnei Torah, frum balei batim, etc. that continue to live in CHU”L, please don’t make this a black and white aliya issue.

5. Alex says:

You missed my point entirely.
    I also live in Chutz L’Aretz. I simply find it inspiring that Rabbi Adlerstein is making aliya, in spite of his prominent position in a well-established community, and his middle-age. Yes, Pico Blvd has everything a frum Jew needs.
    But it does not have the deep soul of Eretz Yisrael.
    Maybe realizing that dissonance does not move you.
    But it does me.

6. Steve Brizel says:

Mazel tov on your upcoming aliyah!May you have an easy klitah and lend your considerable talent and voice of reason to issues that need discussion, as opposed to being viewed as third rail issues in all sectors of the Torah observant world in Israel.