Oscar and Us

1. Perplexed says:

Where is one able to get a hold of this film The March of the Penguins

2. Joel Rich says:

Dear R’Adlerstein,
    Perhaps I’m being overly analytical but I couldn’t help but wonder about the sentence “It was recommended to me by a major talmid chacham whose rebbetzin conspired to have him view it”. Was there a misimpression you sought to avoid by including this seemingly extraneous information?
    KT

3. Steve Brizel says:

we saw The March of the Penguins. It is a great musssar haskel ( moral lesson) for anyone involved in
    shidduch dating!

4. mb says:

Rabbi Adlerstein,
    You are funny.! Indeed a great movie. Should have won for best actor, too!How about wardrobe?

5. Jewish Observer says:

Can I go out on a limb and guess that this talmid chochom went to YU, Ner Israel or Chofetz Chaim?

6. Anonymous in LA says:

When my daughter returns from seminary, this looks like a good rental. Thanks for the tip.

7. Sona says:

If you can not find it for sale locally, try the Penguin Place on Waters Street in Brooklyn.

8. DovBear says:

“We fared pretty well.”

We?? What do you mean “we?”

9. David says:

I don’t understand your statement that “It will certainly not convert the non-believers who have their own explanation of these phenomena.” Surely we would agree with whatever their naturalistic explanation of these phenomena is. The only difference is that we take certain lessons and inspiration from it.

10. Howard says:

Well I guess I know which three Yeshivot to choose from for my sons.