Concerned Alumni of Princeton

1. Anonymous in LA says:

And Ted Kennedy asked exactly WHAT from John Kerry about his membership in Skull & Bones?

2. Akiva says:

> I recall at least one campus journal referring to him as Dinesh D’Soused.

If this is a reference to a “drinking problem” — is it really needed in this post?

If not, could you explain the reference?

3. mycroft says:

“Alito says he doesn’t recall being a member”
    I remember what I did in college-I’m not in Alioto’s intellectual league. The problem is that hearings to be confirmed as
    USSC justice have become a perjury contest. Every nominee to be confirmed lies in their answers
    Alioto must remember activities that he put on a job application.
    I hope Rabbonim and Roshei Yeshiva don’t believe they must imitate Siupreme Court nominees.
    Emes attah hu rishon. We have a good product the truth ultimately will sell the best.

4. Yaakov Menken says:

Akiva, it was a satirical reference. To my knowledge D’Souza has never had a drinking problem. Just remember that the separation between college humor and juvenile humor is never terribly wide.

Which, by the way, is probably where CAP got in trouble. It was one thing to oppose affirmative action, but another to call an Hispanic Dean “Senor.” But that was college humor, and none of the group’s actual positions were nearly offensive enough to justify what went on yesterday.

5. Buzz Shattan says:

Ted Kennedy expects Judge Alito to remember something from 20 years ago when, in the aftermath of an event that took a woman’s life, Kennedy claimed inability to remember what he did mere hours before.

6. TzviNoach says:

BuzzShattan,

How can you compare the two? There is no evidence that Judge Alito was drinking at the time he joined CAP.